Analysis of 3-Story, Multi-Bay Steel Frame
The script files contain the geometry, the element properties and the loading of a 3-story, 2/3/4/5-bay steel frame that was used in past editions of the Earthquake Resistant Design course at UC Berkeley by the late Professor Stephen Mahin. There is even a variable bay length model for illustrating the capabilities of the pre-processing functions of FEDEASLab for generating the geometry of multi-story moment resisting or braced steel frames.
The analysis scripts cover the linear and nonlinear, static or transient analysis solutions for a structure:
- Linear elastic analysis with load combination.
- Adding some information.
- Determination of period and shape of vibration modes for a structural model.
- Determination of linear elastic dynamic response with modal analysis.
- Determination of collapse load factor with the lower and upper bound of plastic analysis.
- Push-over analysis for linear elastic, perfectly plastic element response with the event-to-event strategy.
- Push-over analysis for any nonlinear material response under linear or nonlinear geometry.
- Transient analysis for any nonlinear material response under linear or nonlinear geometry.
The scripts have the prefix
S_. The results for each type of analysis are post-processed and displayed with the help of scripts with prefix Post.